Monday, December 24, 2012

Chatty Cathy's New Christmas Dress


JOY TO THE WORLD!

 
Posted by Picasa
One of the first articles I wrote for this blog was an article on Chatty Cathy. Having just found her at a church rummage sale, I discovered after some research that she was one of the first Chatty's produced by Mattel.  I made her a set of unders and a dress to wear.  When I got her, her front teeth were missing.  I have replaced her teeth and bought her some shoes.  Well, now Chatty joins her Toni and Bleuette sisters with a new Christmas dress.  She is thrilled to be able to get her picture taken in her new finery,  As you can see from her pictures the dress has a white bodice trimmed in lace.  The full skirt is made of green velvet.  It looks as though it were custom made for her.  But alas, the dress was a thrift store find,  I paid $.99 for it and was very glad I now do not have to make her a Christmas dress. Chatty, now will join the Celebration of Jesus Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment