Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sally Gets Her Very Own Trunk

I was fortunate enough to find this beautiful wooden box that will be a very nice trunk for Sally.  I had hoped to use one trunk for both Nell and Sally, but have not been able to find one that is both suitable and large enough.  So for now Sally will have her own trunk. 


Posted by PicasaSally showing off her new dresses and trunk.  I will be adding to the items in Sally's trunk as time goes by, just as I have added to Nell's.  I love trunk dolls.  Any doll can become a trunk doll.  Just get a doll and a box that is suitable and the right size and start adding articles of clothing and other things you would like your doll to have.  Trunk doll have been in fashion for dolls since the French dolls had them to show off their very beautiful fine silk dresses, delicate unders, purses and hats.  Those dolls and trunks today sell for many thousands of dollars.  My little trunk doll has no great value except the pleasure it has given me to put it together.  And.....I do this for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment