Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I've Been Shopping...The Packages Are Arriving!

I had a birthday a while back and  decided it was time to buy some new projects (dolls) that I wanted.  I have been making a few doll clothes and  didn't want to undress any of my Toni's at present, so I decided more dolls.(What else would a collector decide?)  I am fast running out of room for any more, but I think I can squeeze these in.  If not and it looks too crowded I have already decided which dolls I can part with.  My reason for saying new projects as many of you know that have read this blog for a while, know of my love of taking a basket case doll and making her beautiful again. Looking through ebay I spotted a doll in the hard plastic section that I thought perhaps could be a Pre-Toni. No one was bidding on her as she needed restringing and a good cleaning and a few touch ups, so I bid and won her.   She is marked:  "Made in USA".  Her hair appears to be in her original style , but it is a little matted and will have to be combed out and shampooed.   She needs only a minor cleaning and when restrung she will be a very nice doll.

I am eagerly awaiting another package of two toni's,  both platinum blondes.  My childhood Toni was a platinum blonde and one I bought previously my daughter wanted,, so she left.  These are going to need a little restoration, but they have not had haircuts. It is hard to find  a Toni that has not had a haircut as in real life when we get our hair done we get haircuts. My childhood Toni had a hair cut. There will now be in my collection of Toni's, eight Ideal Toni's, and two Pre Toni's, one Princess Mary.  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new dollies and Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see them all fixed to perfection.

    ReplyDelete