Friday, August 3, 2012

Small Doll Displays

I love the small dolls, usually under 6 inches.  You can have so much fun with them and the cost of them is cheap.  I know I should use the word inexpensive, but those of you who know me know I like cheap.  I get most of my small dolls at garage sales for .10 to .25 cents and the more expensive ones I get at the Dollar Tree for a dollar.  I have another love and that is doll trunks.  You can take a small trunk or if you want you can also use a wooden box, or a  small basket.  Just use your imagination.  You can get fancy in your display or use the kiss method (keep it simple stupid) which I prefer.  You can take a small basket, trunk or a box if you don't have a small trunk and do the same display.  No scarf, just use a small piece of pretty material. Also you can add small doll clothes  or crochet items to the display.  Always when shopping at a mall, thrift store or garage sale be on the lookout for display items.  Dolls in a display no matter the size always look better in a display than just the doll on a stand just standing there or sitting there.  I am always on the lookout for things to use.  I have a box I put things in when I find them and whenever I want to make a display they are readily available.  It is amazing what you can use.  I have a small wooden sewing machine, and musical instruments that are Christmas ornaments that are just the right size for a doll.  Small wooden jewelry chests that look like small chests are perfect chests for dolls.   I am going to do an article on Dolls and their trunks and the clothing that was in them.  The ones from the forties and fifties are adorable, but the antique dolls and their fabulous wardrobes are to dream about.  I'm dreaming............ 

2 comments:

  1. When I was a little girl, I loved small dolls. When I started collecting dolls as an adult, I went for the big ones. Then sometime in the last year, I fell in love with small dolls again. They are so easy to make room for and fun to display.
    I like all of your displays. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bama, I buy many of the Alexander McDonalds dolls and Kelley, the little sister of Barbie. I love to crochet clothing for them. Makes them look completely different. The bonus is they rake up so little room.
    betty

    ReplyDelete