Saturday, April 28, 2012

We Went To Garage Sales


My Daughter and I got up early yesterday and went to a community wide garage sale.  We spent the day there.  There were many sales and we did not get to a third of them.  I thought I would share with you a few doll purchases we made.  I do not usually buy the newer porcelan dolls as I love the old dolls unless I want the clothing and shoes, but sometimes one just  calls my name.  The first doll is "Savannah" by Connie Johnston.  I really bought her for the  cowgirl outfit she is wearing, but she sort of appeals to me and I may keep her. She is in very good condition except she is dusty.

























This doll I bought for his cute sweater
and cap.  He has a very cute face and I will probably enjoy him for a while, them use his clothes on another doll and donate him to our local thrift Store. 
Yesterday I also found some old doll patterns to add to my collection of doll patterns.  They were from the 1950's -1960's.  I was thrilled to find them.


This is a small Indian doll my Daughter bought.  Read the seperate article  on this doll.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun! What patterns did you find? Those get me so excited, I'm afraid the seller will notice and put the price up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds! I especially like the Indian Skookum doll. Or at least that's what it looks like. They are very collectible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Indian doll is indeed a Skookum. I will be doing an article on them in a few days.
    I found some old 50's simplicity patterns for Toni and a 60's pattern for ken and several 60's Barbie Patterns and also two of the doll pattern booklets of knitted clothes for Barbie. A great find as I collect the old doll patterns to sew and dress my dolls by. I have quite a few and I used to sell copies of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: Savannah is a very pretty doll. I like the clothes she is wearing. I congratulate you for shopping. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete